The Thompsons

The Thompsons

Monday, November 2, 2015

Introductions

Ok. So here goes.

I've been reading other's blogs FOREVER, and have imagined that one day I would start my own.  Although I'm still not sure I have anything of true importance to put out there, I find writing to be extremely therapeutic and I have a deep desire to scrapbook our life as a family.  With time management being a huge struggle for me, I thought I could knock out two birds with one stone and start blogging!

The Cast:

Me



I'm 32-years-old and from a small town in Kentucky.  I met my husband in high school. We both went to college together at Eastern Kentucky University and were married in 2003. After graduating undergrad with a degree in psychology we moved to Virginia where I attended law school at Appalachian School of Law. In 2009 my life changed forever when Aubrey Caroline was born.  After a year-long break from school I finally graduated and obtained my law degree in 2010 and moved back to that same small town where I had grown up.  Our second little girl was born in 2012, the same year we started building our dream home. I work as a staff attorney for a circuit judge.  In my free time I love to cheer on the UK Wildcats!

BJ



He's 35-years-old and from the same small town in Kentucky.  He graduated from Eastern Kentucky University with a degree in Computer Electronic Networking and currently works as the IT Director at our local hospital.  He is crazy about his girls and they are as equally crazy about him.  He also enjoys cheering on the Wildcats and is an avid Green Bay Packers fan (Go Pack Go!). He enjoys the lake and practically anything to do with the outdoors.  

Aubrey



Aubrey is currently in 1st grade and is all things girl.  She loves to sing, dance, dress-up and put on performances.  She loves to read and is truly my mini-me. She loves animals and is terrified of bugs.  Her favorite color is, of course, pink. She sleeps with approximately 45 stuffed animals (not an exaggeration).  She is currently working on developing a teenager's attitude and likes very much to boss her little sister around.  Fun fact:  We brought her home from the hospital on Valentine's Day!

Harper



Harper just turned 3 and is our firecracker.  She is truly the complete opposite of her sister.  She is a comedian and loves being silly.  But oh boy, does this one have a temper.  I have honestly never witnessed anything like it.  She loves to play and can spend hours by herself with toys.  Potty training is our next challenge with this one. Fun fact:  We brought her home from the hospital on Halloween!

Tweek



I brought Tweek home from a litter of kittens from my parent's house.  She is now 12-years-old and is a cranky old gal.  I'm her "person" and she would be perfectly happy sleeping on top of me all day long.  She hates her human sisters and her dog brother.  She only hates her Daddy a little less.  She was my first baby and I try to overlook her bad habits, especially the newest one of violently attacking my left arm while I'm sleeping.

Lasher



We adopted Lash as a little fur ball and were informed he would be around 60 lbs. He is now an 8-year-old, 108-lb giant. He loves to play outside and he hates baths. His favorite food in the whole world is candy.  He loves other animals, but is terrified of his sister cat, who picks on him every chance she gets.  He is a big goofball who is turning into a lazy old man.


So that is us!  It has been a pleasure to introduce my little family to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment